Episode 91: Memo Kahan with PromoShop on Culture, Community, and Enjoying the Ride
He was born in Mexico City and immigrated to the US as a teenager, this young immigrant would someday build one of the most successful promotional products businesses in the industry.
Today, Memo Kahan leads a team of over 100 employees, over 40 salespeople, over 1200 clients and 40+ million in revenue. Promoshop doesn’t do programs and their not big believers in acquisition but they continue to see tremendous organic growth, a tribute to those early roots where the strength of the company and the strength of the client grew from relationships.In this episode, I sit down with Mark Graham, commonsku's co-founder and chief platform officer, as we chat with Memo about the highs and lows of his business journey and his thoughts on:
- How the recession refined and focused their value proposition
- What it takes to succeed in sales
- What consolidation means to the market
- How to differentiate in a crowded market
- What advice Memo would give to his past self or young entrepreneurs.
- The outlook and the future of small, medium, and large-sized promotional products businesses.
- Globalization, e-commerce, and more!
commonsku is an effortless business management platform that empowers you to process more orders and handle more business. Learn more at commonsku.com.