Episode 87: Supplier CMO Series, Adam Kovar with ETS Express
Adam Kovar is the Vice President of Marketing at ETS Express, one of the industry's most admired and innovative drinkware companies. A Top 40 supplier, ETS is family-owned, with over 550 employees and a 160,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility in Concord, NC and a 200,000 square foot facility in Oxnard, CA. With over $100 million in sales, ETS is respected for their fierce independence, astounding service, heavy inventory, and their focus on smart, elegant design.
Adam, an entrepreneurial-minded executive, began working with ETS over twelve years ago when there were just 50 employees, and his oversight includes not only marketing but compliance as well. In this episode, Mark Graham, commonsku's chief platform officer, sits down with Adam to discuss:
- Why having the freedom to create and be an entrepreneur has been beneficial for his role
- How ETS strives to keep things simple with a high touch service component
- Their decision to decline rebates and the impact on their business
- The epic court case win against S’well Bottle Company
- Being bold, product innovation and investing in infrastructure and inventory
- How Prop 65 has improved ETS
- Knowing your value and the confidence to believe in your company and your product
- The product development process and where they find inspiration
commonsku is an effortless business management platform that empowers you to process more orders and handle more business. Learn more at commonsku.com.