Episode 74: Supplier CMO Series: Brandon Brown, Snugz
Welcome to a new series designed to uncover the personalities of the industry’s most prominent and successful supplier marketers and to explore the role that marketing plays in bringing promotional products to the market.
Brandon Brown began his career with Snugz USA ten years ago, working in the marketing department from the ground up, building what would eventually become one of the most imaginative and hard-working creative teams in the entire industry. Brandon now leads an amazing group of specialists doing some of the most creative work in the business, including six designers, a video team, product development and R&D, and social media. A military veteran with ten years of service, Brandon exudes that Snugz humility and work ethic that has become a hallmark of the brand.
In this episode, Mark Graham, commonsku's Chief Platform Officer, continues an exploration into successful supplier marketing strategy and tactics. Mark uncovers with Brandon:
- An exploration into marketing budgets, which channels to invest in, and which are the most (and least) successful
- Snugz's biggest marketing fail and what they learned from it
- The elusive ROI question when it comes to some of the creative work they do
- How a supplier with one dominant category (like lanyards) can expand successfully into other product categories
- The SnugZ evolution as a media company and what video has meant to their success
- Advice for small suppliers with no formal marketing team
- And much more!
commonsku is an effortless business management platform that empowers you to process more orders and handle more business. Learn more at commonsku.com.