Episode 61: How Operational Excellence Fuels Profitable Growth (a skucon 2018 Production)
“Keeping money is way easier than making money.” Brandon Mackay, MAS, Six Sigma Lean Certified, and the Owner and CEO/President of Snugz USA, earned his stripes the hard way: experience. His laid back, employee-empowered leadership style has taken a small family business of six and transformed it into an industry powerhouse with $40 million in annual sales and over 500 employees. A strong advocate for process improvement and employee development, Brandon delivered a brilliant and practical talk at skucon in Las Vegas on How Operational Excellence Fuels Profitable Growth, unpacking his experience as a lean certified organization and the lessons he learned along the way. In this session, Brandon talks about:
- How 90% of their orders come from distributors incorrect or missing information
- Process mapping your way to improvement
- The #1 hindrance to change and the way to fix it
- The inefficiencies of extra motion, excess inventory, and extra processing
- A brief discussion on Promo Standards and why it’s important for our industry
- And much more!
commonsku is an effortless business management platform that empowers you to process more orders and handle more business. To learn more visit commonsku.com.