Episode 55: Becoming Fiercely Original with Frank Thompson, Planet Logo
What does it mean to be fiercely original? And how do you evolve, as a brand, to command the kind of clients and work that enable you to thrive at your most creative?
These are the questions we explore with Frank Thompson, the wildly eccentric founder, President, and frontman for Planet Logo, an alternative branded merchandise and promotional products company headquartered in the coastal town of Wilmington, North Carolina. With an infectious passion for breaking expectation, Frank and his team at Planet Logo have become a fiercely original and creative agency, working with brands such as Burt’s Bees and Soul Cycle.
In today's episode, we cover some fascinating topics, including:
- The power of using the "test drive" to land hard-to win prospects
- How hating the promotional products industry transformed him into loving the promotional products industry
- Emerging out of the recession to become a new kind of company
- How graphic designers make the best salespeople
- Saying not to the kind of business you don’t want,
- The "Dumb and Dumber" movie clip that helped land a big client, and more!
commonsku is an effortless business management platform that empowers you to process more orders and handle more business. To learn more visit commonsku.com.