Episode 48: The Art of Sales with Matty Toomb (a skucamp Presentation)
“January 1, you have to realize you’re going to lose 20% of your business.” With those words, Matty Toomb, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Shumsky, rattles listeners with the reality of sales. Relentless and persistent, Matty exemplifies what it means to be a successful salesperson in the promotional products industry. Throughout his career, he has sold over 11,000+ orders, won four golden pyramids, and been responsible for millions in sales, both as a producer and as a successful sales trainer. Helping Wood Associates (currently BrandVia) grow from $20MM to $87MM in revenue, Matty has trained many salespeople through the years, including twenty National Account Managers for Cintas and, as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at industry distributor-leader Shumsky, he is passionate about helping people master the art of selling.
At our inaugural skucamp event in Palm Springs, CA, some of the most influential and progressive distributors and suppliers gathered to spend a few days in community, listening to speakers and learning from one another. Today’s skucast episode was recorded at skucamp where Matty unpacked his years of practical insight on the subject of selling (you can download the PDF here), including:
- The essential habits of top producers
- How to properly onboard new employees so that they can become future salespeople
- Prospecting tips, “own the whole street”
- Performance improvement plans
- And insights like working three months ahead, working your client events, and more! We will be releasing all of the audio from our inaugural skucamp event over the next several episodes, and we hope it helps you and your team as you scale and grow your promotional products business!