Episode 45: Taking a Sabbatical From Work with Fairware
Have you ever wanted to take extended time away from work? A sabbatical or extended vacation just to refresh and reboot?
Denise Taschereau, CEO and co-founder of Fairware, took four months off from work to travel, and in this episode, Mark Graham visits with both Denise and Sarah White (Fairware's Chief Operating Officer) about how they were able to work together to create such a refreshing opportunity. Fairware is one of the most respected distributors in the industry. A Vancouver based company who helps their clients better engage with their customers, employees, and partners while reducing the impact on the world, specializing in ethically sourced and environmentally responsible promotional products. They work with a range of clients including AVEDA, Seventh Generation, Patagonia, Nature’s Path, Hootesuite, Unicef, and more.
Mark explores numerous topics with Sarah and Denise, including:
- The impact on the business while Denise was away
- The positives and negatives of extended time away from work
- How to prepare for extended time away from the business
- How being away from the business altered their perceptions of their roles and the company's future
- What both Sarah and Denise learned, personally, from the experience
commonsku is an effortless business management platform that empowers you to process more orders and handle more business. Start your free trial here!