Episode 40: QRG’s Todd Pottebaum: Investments That Keep You on a Path of Success and Well-Being
The writer Ken Kesey, reflecting on the subject of leadership, offered an odd but illuminating perspective: “You don't lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.”
If the best way to "make a case" is to lead by example, then Todd Pottebaum has been “making a case” for years. He started out as a salesperson, “on the bottom of the quota sheet” and worked his way through numerous stages of sales success, proving he had the mettle to succeed until finally becoming the President of Quality Resource Group, a $35 million promotional products and print distributor with over 50 salespeople, located in the Minneapolis, MN area.
We sat down with Todd to reflect on how investments in personal and professional development drive success, and how we can implement these into our busy lives. Topics include:
- Making personal development a priority by creating pockets of time for yourself
- How investing in yourself leads to investing in others
- The power of a peer group for professional development
- How to protect your emotional well-being when life derails your plans
- The primacy of a UVP and how technology plays a role in QRG's business model
- The myth of work/life balance
commonsku is an effortless business management platform that empowers you to process more orders and handle more business. Start your free trial now!