Back in the day, I got on this new thing called Facebook that some friends were talking about.
I didn’t really get what I was supposed to do or say. With a little observation, I figured it out.
Over the years, I’ve bumped around in MySpace, LiveJournal, Twitter, flickr, LinkedIn, and probably a dozen more properties in the social media landscape. Each has their own niche and posting quirks, but overall they’re about one thing: getting involved.
commonsku is no different. Our objective is to unite the promotional products industry and bust through the walls that keep our supply chain silo-ed.
Our ammunition: the commonsku newsfeed.
If you’re new to commonsku, or heck, to social media, we have some tips to help you get going.
1. raise a topic for discussion
ProTip: Ask a question.
2. share a great product idea
ProTip: Post a Photo to make the content more eye catching
3. share an interesting article
ProTip: Share a weblink
4. ask for advice
ProTip: Tag or @mention people so they will see the content
5. post a product sourcing question
ProTip: Give as much information as possible so the community can respond quickly
6. share a story about your company
ProTip: Inject a little levity into the conversation. People love feel-good content.
Quick Tips: How to be a great member of a social network community
- Share more than you ask
- Suppliers, don’t oversell – 1-2 product suggestions per day is a good rule of thumb
- Comment and Like others’ content
- Consider how your post will help educate, inspire, or even give your followers a good chuckle
- Consider sharing content with different audiences – public vs company network
Most of all, be genuine. Be yourself. Reach out and connect with other distributors or suppliers that you’ve never heard of.
And, if you want a little more information, check out one of our upcoming webinars.
commonsku helps you strengthen relationships and grow your business. We marry a social network with powerful crm and order management to connect the supply chain. You can read more information at commonsku.com or stop by to say hi on twitter , facebook , or pinterest .